Sunday, November 27, 2005

Sunday:

Singapore's turning more post-rock by the moment, what with the painfully loud gig I attended today promising a post-rock line-up (they lied), the forefather of post-rock visiting earlier this year (Tortoise), and a local post-rock band releasing two well-received and widely distributed albums to the welcoming public (The Observatory).

I heard from Mark that Concave Scream (Concave Scream!!!111-OMG!! the best local band I've ever supported, ever) is releasing a new album, and they're post-rock.

All this good news and good music is putting me in a beatific state of zen. And Mark too, as you can see from the photo. We're totally zoning, or we could be deaf thanks to loud KL bands who go onstage, build a wall of bloody loud textural distortion with loud deliberate melody lines, apologise for not being loud enough, and proceed to turn it up somemore. Well, at least they were good.. wouldn't want the last band I'm able to hear properly be, well, emo or something.


Oh hell, I wouldn't mind emo. Want to see an emo photograph? These were the tickets for the gig today, and no, I couldn't just put them on a table and take a picture like a normal person. Because normal persons do not listen to Dashboard "you man tit" Confessional, y'all.

Anyways, exam is over, and I can do all sorts of cool things, like hang out with my girlfriend, catch up with my friends and penpal, play Halo 2 till I vomit, tralala. It's awesome, and you shouldn't really be reading this if your exams are not over.

How's life? Well, after spending the afternoon in kayaks circling around the sea trawlers Lubstar and Sea Swift, I say it's pretty swell, just ask Mark -


See? Pretty Swell.


(and happy 8 mths, sweetheart!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home